Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bananas Foster Smoothie

For the past week, I’ve been on a total smoothie kick.  The other night I needed a late night smoothie fix, so I decided to whip up a simple banana smoothie.  As I was tossing in a little vanilla extract, I saw rum extract that I forgot I had.  I threw it in just for fun, and this gem was born.  It tastes just like the real deal, only without the guilt. 



Bananas Foster Smoothie

1 cup nut milk
2 frozen bananas
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon rum flavoring extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (plus a pinch to garnish)
2 tablespoons agave or sweetener of your choice

1.      Put all ingredients into the blender.  Blend until smooth.
2.      Pour into glasses, and serve.  Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.
3.      Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment