Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cranberry Orange Relish

This is a recipe I am tremendously thankful for.  Every year, my Aunt Jan makes this for Thanksgiving.  She knows how much I love it and always makes an extra bowl for me to take home.  It is great as a side, and even better for breakfast the next day.  I made it a little fancier by stuffing it into an orange, but served in a nice relish dish is beautiful too.   I’d like to add that it happens to be raw, but I’ve never thought of it as a health food.  It’s just that good!



Cranberry Orange Relish

1 bag fresh cranberries, washed and picked over
5 oranges
1 medium apple, cored and chopped (leave the peel on)
Agave or sweetener of your choice

1.      Zest one orange, and add the zest to a food processor.  Peel the rest of the orange and add the fruit to the food processor along with the cranberries and apple.
2.      Pulse until everything is chopped and about the same size.  Do not overprocess or it will become mush. 
3.      Stir in agave or sweetener of your choice to taste.
4.      Cut the tops off of the remaining oranges.  Using a paring knife, carefully cut around the inside of the skin.  Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the oranges.  Set aside the insides of the oranges for eating or juicing.
5.      Fill the orange shells with cranberry relish.  Garnish with orange zest and serve.  The relish keeps well in the refrigerator.


2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! If you ever have too much food, I am always here to help you eat it! I love your creations, You are amazing. you NEED to write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You are so inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete